Good Stuff Moving looks forward to completing a successful move with you!
The following list should be read over prior to the move date – this will help both you and our team make the move successful.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call. We value your business as our customer and are honored to help you move!
Call us at: 651-488-4808 or Email us: email@example.com
Preparation Tips When Good Stuff Moving is Packing Your Boxes
- Our packers will be packing EVERYTHING and you may not have access to important items during the move. A little pre-planning goes a long way.
- It is very important to have your belongings packed up, and ready to move before the movers come over.
- Keep an area of your home for items that you need to keep with you, or have access to.
- Clearly label that area “do not pack”. IE: Overnight bags, prescriptions, phones, wallets, purses, cable box, manuals for belongings that are staying with the home etc.
- Typically, we do not pack or move refrigerator or freezer contents, or any liquids.
- Remember, Good Stuff does not unhook, or hook up water or gas lines.
- Even if we are packing, it is your responsibility to unhook, and hookup electronics.
- We do not take flat screen TVs off of walls, or install them.
Tips for Packing Your Own Boxes:
- The more prepared you are to move, the quicker the move will be.
- Keep prescriptions, keys, checkbook, wallet etc. with you and not packed in boxes that we will be moving for you.
- Almost everything you own can fit into a box. The more items you pack into boxes, the quicker the move will go.
- Boxes are easier to pack in the truck, and help ensure protection for your items.
- Make sure your boxes are not packed too heavy; this can lead to the box collapsing or bursting.
- Pack the following items into small, sturdy boxes: Books, Albums, Tapes, CD’s, China etc.
- Never use printed newspaper to wrap fine china.
- Tape the top of every box.
- Label the boxes with what room you want them placed.
- Good Stuff offers moving boxes and packing materials (link to Packing Materials Page) for sale. Delivery charge may apply.
- We have five wardrobe boxes on each truck. No charge if you give them back to the movers.
- Please do not put household chemicals/ liquids in boxes.
- Remember if it gets overwhelming Good Stuff offers Complete Packing Services.
Prepare for the movers:
- Close, tape, and label boxes, or take advantage of our Complete Packing Service.
- Do not leave areas such as garage, storage, or basements unboxed.
- File cabinets should be empty.
- Clothing and linens can stay in chests or dressers with five or fewer drawers.
- Armoires need to be emptied.
- Drawers with loose items such as “junk drawers” should be emptied into boxes.
- Clearly label all items you wish to move yourself.
- Only the things you will need for the last night and the next morning should be left for last minute packing.
- All electronics should be unhooked and ready to move.
- All electronics* that movers take to the truck must be packed into boxes. This ensures safe delivery of the electronics.
- VCR – Cable Box – CD Player – Stereo – DVD Player – Computer – Monitors – Printers – etc.
- *Televisions do not need to be packed.
- Good Stuff is not responsible for working condition of electronics unless visual damage is evident.
- All appliances must be disconnected.
- Refrigerators and freezers must be emptied into boxes or coolers and defrosted.
- If you have time, measure your doorways and refrigerators to see if the doors need to be removed. Good Stuff is equipped to take all the doors off.
- Good Stuff is not responsible for working condition of appliances unless visual damage is evident.
- *Remember to wait 1 hour to plug in refrigerators and freezers.
- Pictures must be packed into boxes.
- Good Stuff Moving offers free picture boxes.
- Good Stuff Moving takes no liability for broken pictures.
- Use your blankets, sheets and towels for packing your pictures.
- Good Stuff has for sale bubble wrap and paper pads if needed.
- All make-up, jewelry and junk drawers, or any drawers with loose items need to be packed into boxes.
- Desks and 4 drawer file cabinets should also be packed.
- Good Stuff is equipped to take down and set up basic furniture.
- Leaving clothing and linens in dressers and chests with 4 drawers or less is okay.
- Make sure all shelves are secure before replacing items on them.
- Good Stuff is not responsible for damages caused by faulty installation.
- Breaking down your beds and bunk beds saves a lot of time.
- All hardware from beds, dressers, bookshelves (nuts, bolts, pins, etc.) should be put in small bags and packed.
- Sleep Number and Select Comfort beds are customer’s responsibility to take apart and put back together.
- Good Stuff Moving does not take apart or reassemble cribs – this is the customer’s responsibility.
- Press wood furniture is easily broken while being transported or dismantled. Good Stuff will move press wood furniture at the risk of customer.
- Customer is responsible for packing weights and pendulums for grandfather clocks. Good Stuff is not responsible for damages unless visual damage is evident.
- Do not wait to start cleaning out the garage, attic, and basements. Do them as soon as you know you’re moving.
- Gasoline, paint, oil, and chemicals cannot go into the truck, small engines must be emptied.
- Yard tools can be packed in trash cans or wardrobe boxes.
- Employees cannot remove shoes while moving.
- Sidewalks and driveways need to be clear of snow, ice, and debris.
- Good Stuff is not responsible for marks on driveway caused by truck.
- Good Stuff Moving has runners for hardwood floors on each truck. Carpet protection is also included in our service.
- Call the apartment/condo offices to reserve elevator times and parking spaces at all locations.
- Small plants taken to the truck need to be in boxes and labeled as “PLANTS”.
- Large plants can be put on truck as is, but Good Stuff takes no responsibility for damaged plants.
- Grills – Coal grills need to be emptied of soot prior to moving.
- Propane tanks need to be taken by customer
- Exercise equipment / weight machines need to be disassembled.
- Good Stuff is not responsible for damaged lamps not packed in boxes.
- Good Stuff is not responsible for damaged pictures not packed in boxes.
- If Good Stuff is just loading your rental truck, be sure to have plenty of straps and furniture pads.
- Good Stuff is not responsible for belongings on rental trucks loaded.
On Moving Day
- If your home phone is going to be disconnected, Plan to leave after the movers are finished loading your belongings.
- If keys or garage door openers are given to the movers please get them back from the guys before you leave.
- Check the property thoroughly, make sure everything is loaded on our truck and nothing is forgotten.
- Upon arrival and unloading, verify and check your items all arrived.
- If anything is missing or damage, make notation of missing or damaged item(s), such as writing notation at time of delivery.
- Any questions or comments call one of our customer service representatives, or view our FAQ section of our website!
- Good Stuff Moving accepts cash, check, American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. Good Stuff does not accept checks for storage or out of town moves.
- Payment is due when the move is completed. At the end of your move, the driver will write up a receipt and is ready to accept all of the above forms of payment.
- Movers do not carry change for cash.